Love is in the air. Valentine’s Day is fast approaching. There is much talk about love and what you should do to show your significant other how much you care about them. But before you go diving into what the world says about love, consider what the Bible says about it. Scripture references love between 400 and nearly 800 times (depending on the translation). Since Valentine’s Day falls on the 14th of February, we wanted to provide 14 Bible verses about love.
Whether you’re looking for something biblical to add to your Valentine’s Day card or want to do a deep study about what God says about love, these Bible verses are a great place to start!
14 Bible Verses About Love for Valentine’s Day
- In addition to all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. -Colossians 3:14 (NASB)
- Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. -Psalm 37:4 (NKJV)
- Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. -Romans 12:9 (NIV)
- Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. – 1 John 3:18 (NIV)
- Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. -1 John 4:7 (NKJV)
- We love because He first loved us. -1 John 4:19 (NIV)
- And hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. -Romans 5:5 (NASB)
- But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. -Romans 5:5 (ESV)
- Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’” -Matthew 22:37-39 (NKJV)
- If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and remain in His love. -John 15:9-10 (NASB)
- By this the love of God was revealed in us, that God has sent His only Son into the world so that we may live through Him. -1 John 4:9 (NASB)
- Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us. -1 John 4:11-12 (NIV)
- Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: 10 If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. -Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 (NIV)
- Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. -1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (ESV)
Happy Valentine’s Day from e360!
If you’re looking to share God’s love through your church website, Ekklesia360 is here to help! Whether you’re searching for a beautiful theme, custom site, online giving, or church management, you’ve come to the right place. E360 is tried and trusted by over 8,500 ministries worldwide. Try a free demo for your church today!